Monday, December 8, 2014

First day.

Here we go! My first day of Hack Reactor. Feeling bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. 

Housing situation feels just right. Staying with two friends through dance, I've known them for a few years now. They're living in a family cooperative in Berkeley. The space is warm and inviting. 

I arrived just in time for their communal dinner, a delicious potluck, and a chance to meet a bunch of the residents. It makes me quite happy to return to an environment like this one. The two are Good People and we always have a lovely time together. I look forward to the opportunity to do so more often. Plus I have a loft bed in a room with a door, which is super plush by house-surfing standards. 

The rapid switching of gears was a challenge. I arrived yesterday evening after a weekend of teaching, then first class today. I was up late doing laundry, because I lacked a reasonably clean shirt for the class photos to be taken today. It's those silly little details that can break a person during such transitions, I think, and it's part of what makes the nomadic lifestyle stressful. Fortunately, I have experience dealing with these tribulations.

A 45-minute BART/walking commute awaits me on either end. I'm actually glad for this right now, as it'll given me some solo time. I plan to use it for reflection in journaling or composing posts for my blog. Time will tell if it remains a boon. 

My technical blog has already attracted some professional interest. It's been passed along to a CEO who thought I'd be a perfect fit for their new position. When you open up to the world, it's wonderful what it can give back to you. 

No comments: