Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Persistence.

I am just so pleased with myself. Showed up at 9am with a battle plan in place. The key was to get something in writing from the manager (Mr. Thomas). Knowing that he would likely keep putting it off – as any busy person is liable to do – I drafted the letter for him. In essence, an unofficial report of the events that transpired. With that kind of document in my possession, I have proof of their blunder and can use that as leverage to reach the complaints board.

It took a long time to reach him. Three and a half hours of waiting, repeated questioning of underlings, and ultimately my own resourcefulness of personally contacting his mobile number to reach the guy.

He read it over and gave his signature. Not sure if I read him correctly, but I think he was impressed by my proactive and street-wise behavior. Expressed his sympathies again, promised he would write his official report, and sent me on my way to board. He said he investigated who called me the other night and lied about the manager being unavailable, and will take appropriate actions to reprimand him.

Grabbed another stash of chocolate (I think amounting to about 1kg – yeah, I don’t know if there’ll be more again) and trail mix to tide me over through lunch.

Waiting on the tarmac, about to board, I was surprised to see Thomas striding out in my direction. He was holding something in his hand. He walked up to me and handed a new ticket stub. “Here. I upgraded your flight. Again, please accept my sincerest apologies and hope you will fly again with ASky. I am filing my report with my manager right now; you will receive a copy by the time you land in Brazzaville.”

Signed, sealed, delivered, you’re mine, bitches.

Well, maybe. It means they’re taking me seriously. That’s a step in the right direction.

For now, I’m deeply pleased with myself. And positively giddy about flying first class. Champagne, capacious seating, and courteous attention.


Cheers to me.

No comments: