Friday, May 9, 2014

Work week.

I have often wondered how a person can put in an 80-hr work week. It sounds insane to me.

This Monday, I received this report from Toggl, my favorite time-tracking platform, about my hours for the previous week.

d0a0e96f3cac1f12114638dc2cc167f8-2014-05-9-15-20.png

Huh. So that's what an 80-hr work week looks like.

(In case you're wondering, "Tomato break" are the break times allotted in the Pomodoro Technique. Technically I'm not working, but I count it because the work I do spend is highly focused.) 

My time in Aberdeen has been rejuvenating. With a solid base, I can settle in with tea and my laptop. Day after day, I produce a solid 6-10 productive hours in dance, programming, job searching, and other odds'n'ends. Having a routine is grounding for me. It means I haven't done any sightseeing, but I'm quite okay with that. Putting my nose to the grindstone feels good. It reminds me of being in graduate school, working constantly and always learning.

No comments: