Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Clavicle calamity.


This is an image of my clavicle.

I fractured it on 10/25/10. Skidded out while descending a hill on my bicycle in the morning. No car strikes. The road was slightly wet. My fault for going too fast. Surgery may be necessary. The physical pain pales in comparison to the emotional anguish of my unfortunate choice to go ride my bike. No dancing (no ECBF! no teaching!), pretty much living one-handed, messing up my academic productivity... I can't cook, I can't type, I can't put on a t-shirt.

Since then, I've received an amazing outpouring of kindness, love, and support from friends. I cannot fully express my gratitude (as it's exceedingly difficult to type one-handed). Thank you all so much. You are carrying me through this challenging time.

That's about all I can muster for now. Hopefully I will get access to a dictation software soon so I can type faster.

1 comment:

Heather kraft said...

Love you Andrew! Wish I was nearby to help!